Do you share our passion for interfaith and intercultural understanding?
Are you deeply committed to building new bridges between communities?
Kingston Interfaith Community meets mornings on the first Wednesday of each month. There are generally three key pieces to each meeting:
- Sharing and learning about each other's faiths/beliefs/traditions
- Planning Interfaith gatherings
Founded in late 2016, many deep discussions have already been had as we gradually share our respective visions, hopes, and goals for building deeper respect and understanding between faiths in Kingston and area. We continue to grow as we learn more about each other as we go!
We currently have representatives from:
- Bahá'ís of Kingston
- Beth Israel Kingston
- Hindu Cultural Temple of Kingston
- Justice & Peace Commission (Catholic/Anglican)
- Katarokwi Grandmother's Council (Indigenous)
Kingston Jamatkhana (Isma'ili Muslim)
- Kingston Jewish Council
- Kingston Sikh Cultural Association Gurudwara
- Kingston Unitarian Fellowship
- Islamic Society Kingston
- Office of the Chaplain, Queen's University
Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul (Catholic)
- St. Andrews Presbyterian
- Zion United Church
See your congregation already listed here? We are always seeking new volunteers to represent your community if your main contact cannot attend. There is also plenty of room to join in on planning and working subcommittees.
Write to us at email@example.com with an introduction of yourself, contact information, and a couple short sentences about why you are interested in joining us.
Looking forward to seeing you!